EmiliaRomagnaStartUp is an initiative powered by ART-ER - Attractiveness Research Territory, the Emilia-Romagna Joint Stock Consortium that has the purpose of fostering the region’s sustainable growth by developing innovation, knowledge, attractiveness and internationalisation of the regional system.
ART-ER promotes the regional innovation ecosystem through:
- research-enterprise collaboration,
- development of tools and structures for industrial research
- valorisation of human capital.
EmiliaRomagnaStartUp is the main regional initiative for startups and future entrepreneurs. The community brings together innovative startups and business support organisations (public and private: Incubators, Innovation Centers and Chambers of Commerce); its services range from support on classical topics related to innovative entrepreneurship to specialised consulting, business development, internationalisation and support for fundraising.
Further services to accompany new entrepreneurs on their development path are:
- the incubation program at Le Serre di ART-ER (ART-ER Greenhouse);
- finance tools, such as FINANCER and KICK-ER
- mobility programs, such as the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs
- networking initiatives
- EU projects
Since 2015 ART-ER has a desk in San Francisco and promotes the Silicon Valley Mindset Program, a mobility program for Emilia-Romagna start-ups willing to participate in acceleration paths in Silicon Valley.
Since April 2017 ART-ER became a member of SERN, the organisation who gathers EU regions with a strong commitment to support startups.
SERN was officially launched in Brussels in October 2015 as a non for profit organisation, backed by a number of relevant regions in Europe in terms of startup support, including Baden-Wurttemberg, Lisbon, Nice/Cotê d’Azur, Emilia-Romagna, Extremadura, North of Portugal (INOVA+) and others.
The purpose of the SERN is to:
- Strengthen links between regional authorities, development agencies, universities and associations who build and scale up the startup ecosystems at regional level in Europe;
- Provide an annual overview of on the measures taken by the regions for supporting startups, highlighting best practices and showing cases studies;
- Engage with the European institutions, local authorities and relevant stakeholders to ensure the success of this initiative.
ART-ER - CNR Bologna Research Area
Via Gobetti,101 - 40129 Bologna, Italy
email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel +39 051 6398099
Le Serre di ART-ER
via Castiglione, 136 - first floor - 40136, Bologna
email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org